Written by BoD
Thursday, 19 July 2007 04:39
Want to help?
Items we currently need...
- Chain Saw Equipment (helmets w/ face shields, ear protection,
- Flat shovels
- Spade shovels
- Work gloves for volunteers
- Heavy duty rakes
- Pair of pruning shears
- Trail flagging
- Frame packs for hauling in rock
- Cordless drills (for rebar into logs)
- Rock bar
- 2-way radios
Treated 4x4 lumber (for posts)
Hydraulic Wood splitter (temporary daily use) - for splitting Douglas Fir rungs for decking
Volunteers we need...
- Trail managers (people with sustainable single-track trail build training and/or experience)
- Food caterer
- Volunteer coordinators
- Tool inventory manager
- Tool sharpener
- Accountant (not Treasurer but someone to review books periodically and help with paperwork)
- Non-profit attorney
- 501(c)(3) compliance
- Grant Writers
- Land Use expert - Washington County laws
"Stuff" we need people to help with / business could donate...
- * Trail volunteers - moving dirt, cutting trails, helping build features (watch for trail build days SOON!)
- * Tool sharpeners/repair
- * Food! - feeding the volunteers on build days is CRITICAL
- * Beer!! (or other beverages) - for after work day is done...
- * Designing "merchandise" for fundraising (cool stickers, hats, t-shirts,
- * Brochures - info about WTF's vision/goals, volunteer trail builder info, bike industry info
- * Organized skills class (regular schedule)
- * Any other ideas where you could help or know someone who could help? Send us an email!
Want to help?
Last Updated on Monday, 26 May 2008 08:35